Updates Regarding COVID-19
The DA's Office is operating with limited staff; please call the front desk at 910-772-6900 for assistance.
Please check www.nccourts.gov for current updates from the North Carolina Judicial Branch.
Effective March 13, 2020, New Hanover and Pender County Superior and District Courts remain open for jail defendants only for the following procedures: first appearances, bond hearings, probation hearings, probable cause hearings, and other non-jury hearings. If you are not in custody, then your case will be continued, and an Order for Arrest will not be issued. Notices will be sent from the Clerk's Office.
* Watch a message from Ben David and local law enforcement leaders in "Together We Can, Together We Will." (March 30)
* Please click here for information regarding traffic citations and defense driving school (updated April 1)
* Watch the Wilmington Business Journal's interview with Ben David about current operations in our courts and prisons (April 27)
* Read the press release: "Safety tips for living with an abusive partner" (May 8)
* Read Ben David's article about the courts' use of technology: "COVID, Courts, and Incarceration: A Healthier Justice System in 2020" (May 22)
* Watch the New Hanover County Government's press conference regarding peaceful protests and curfews here (June 2)
* Listen to Ben David, Sheriff Ed McMahon, and Interim Police Chief Donny Williams on WHQR's Coastline to talk about protests and policing (June 11)